Totara Learn Open Discussions

publish for reuse by other events

Larry Mitipelo
publish for reuse by other events
by Larry Mitipelo - Thursday, 7 March 2019, 10:23 AM
Group Most Helpful Contributor 2021Group Most Helpful Contributor 2022Group Most helpful contributor 2023

When creating rooms, what permission is associated with publish for reuse by other events?

Trainers don't have this option when creating rooms and this is causing them to create the same room multiple times.

Craig Eves
Re: publish for reuse by other events
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Thursday, 7 March 2019, 6:14 PM
Group Totara

Hi Larry

I don't think there is one - only Site admins seem to be able to add rooms

There is a feature request for this you can add your support to.

regards

Larry Mitipelo
by Larry Mitipelo - Thursday, 7 March 2019, 7:26 PM
Group Most Helpful Contributor 2021Group Most Helpful Contributor 2022Group Most helpful contributor 2023

that's odd.

Our users with the editing trainer or trainer role can create rooms but don't have the ability to set them for re use.

This is causing an issue because they are creating duplicate rooms for other events. As a site admin I don't want to be managing the creation of rooms.

Any suggestions?

thanks

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Sunday, 10 March 2019, 2:48 PM
Group Totara

Hi Larry

You are right editing trainers are able to create rooms at a session level when creating/editing  an event. This is controlled through the permission mod/facetoface:editevents so disallowing this on editing trainer role should prevent this.

Site admins are only able to create global rooms through the site administration menu..

There is an existing improvement TL-19127 that you can lend your support to 

regards

Larry Mitipelo
by Larry Mitipelo - Sunday, 10 March 2019, 3:42 PM

thanks Craig.

We're coming at it from a slightly different angle.

I want our users that create events to have the ability to create rooms and then publish them for reuse.

As long as they are properly trained in how to do this we believe that will prevent duplications and also remove the need for me to oversee the creation of every new room.

TL 19127 is about preventing users creating rooms.