Totara Learn Open Discussions

Google Login - Oauth2 SSO functionality

Alex Romani
Google Login - Oauth2 SSO functionality
by Alex Romani - Tuesday, 5 March 2019, 3:02 PM

Hi everyone,

this is my first post here and I don't know if this is the right place to post it. So, I made an Oauth2 auth plugin(based on the one included in Moodle 3.6) that works with Totara Learn 11.7, for the integration of Google login. I want to propose this plugin to be included in Totara Learn next release (if needed and if nobody already worked on that).

Thank you

Alex

Craig Eves
Re: Google Login - Oauth2 SSO functionality
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Tuesday, 5 March 2019, 4:01 PM
Group Totara

Hi Alex

The usual procedure for making a contribution is to create a ticket in the helpdesk,totaralms.com - it looks like you don't have an account here and can't see from your email what Partner you are with.

We do currently have a ticket for providing OAurh2 support for Totara and are looking at cherry-picking MDL-58220 - this process hasn't started yet so your work on this would be helpful to us.

Are you able to submit a ticket for this through the helpdesk?

regards

Sam Hemelryk
by Sam Hemelryk - Sunday, 10 March 2019, 8:52 PM
Group Totara

Hi Alex,

Is the code available online?

We'd be keen to have a look at how you've implemented it.
If you've a link to github or similar, or if you'd be happy to either share it here or via email then that would be great.

Cheers
Sam

Alex Romani
by Alex Romani - Monday, 11 March 2019, 6:38 AM

Hi Sam,

You should have recived an invitation to a private github repo where I've uploaded the code so you can have a look at, my github username is hoz1982.

@craig I tried to to create a ticket in the helpdesk,totaralms.com but it seems I have no access to that. 

As I don't know if I have an helpdesk account with the company email (which is alessandro.romani@humanage.it, tried but not working) I opened a new account with my address but did not solved the access problem :) 

Please send me your github username so I can invite you to the repo.

Cheers

Alex

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Monday, 11 March 2019, 4:19 PM
Group Totara

Hi Alex

Thanks for giving us access to the code - Sam and the team will access this and evaluate this for use in Totara.

I have created an account for you for helpdesk.totaralms.com - you should receive an email invite. if not login with your email as your username and select the forgot password.

regards