Totara Learn Open Discussions

Manual completion by trainer

Carla Bradley
Manual completion by trainer
by Carla Bradley - Friday, 8 March 2019, 5:01 PM

If a course completion is set the manual completion by trainer, where does the trainer go to set the completion? Is it in the completion editor (I'm hoping not, since there's no bulk process there). :)

Craig Eves
Re: Manual completion by trainer
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Sunday, 10 March 2019, 8:26 PM
Group Totara

Hi Carla

You should be able to see a square box under Course admin > Reports > Course completion - that can be ticked when logged in in the role.

regards

Carla Bradley
by Carla Bradley - Monday, 11 March 2019, 6:10 AM

Thank you, Craig! But this has brought up a follow-up question:

I assigned a user in the role of trainer at the category level. 

For the course, I created a seminar event and assigned the user as a trainer. Users are added to the course via seminar direct enrollment.

Then to test, I logged in as the trainer, and for the course in question, the trainer does NOT have access to it. So, this trainer is assigned the trainer role at category level, and also marked as a trainer in the seminar event, but doesn't have access to the course. Any thoughts about what I might have done wrong?

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Monday, 11 March 2019, 7:46 PM
Group Totara

Hi Carla

I don't think you have done anything wrong - assigning the user as a trainer at the category level doesn't enrol the user in every course in the category.  The user still needs to be enrolled in the trainer role in the course to access the course for course grading.

This can be done manually in the course or through an audience with assign role to trainer.

regards

Carla Bradley
by Carla Bradley - Tuesday, 12 March 2019, 5:37 AM

Thanks, again! Exactly what I needed to know :)