Totara Learn Open Discussions

Questions re the T12 course catalogue ux

Ian Wallbridge
Questions re the T12 course catalogue ux
by Ian Wallbridge - Wednesday, 8 May 2019, 8:27 AM

Hi all,

I've recently upgraded my site to Totara 12, and have been looking at configuration of the new course catalogue layout, but I've actually chosen not to implement this until I can understand some slightly counter-intuitive aspects of the user experience:

1. Whilst the item and detail configurations both allow the addition of icons, these are only for course type, course icon, and activity types. Is there an option for partners / is there anything on the roadmap to allow the addition of course custom field icons? Our courses are classified by subject area (together with glitzy icons), and it would be of great benefit to be able to add these to the tiles.

2. Whilst the details section that appears when you click on a tile appears to be useful, in practice it seems to just add another click for end users - in T11 the flow was Catalogue > Course enrolment page > Course page, but now this seems to have become Catalogue > Details section > Course enrolment page > Course page. Can anyone advise if this is what was desired, or have I missed something in the configuration?

3. When using seminar direct enrolment, in T11 the course enrolment page would display seminar event dates for users to choose from before they were enrolled. The details section doesn't replicate this, and so (to reemphasise the previous question somewhat), the user flow is Catalogue > Details for a brief description > Course enrolment page for dates and enrolment in a particular event > Course page.

Is anyone able to advise on these points? All comments welcome!

Many thanks,

Ian 

? ?
Re: Questions re the T12 course catalogue ux
by ? ? - Tuesday, 14 May 2019, 11:44 AM

Hi Ian,

Great questions! I had a look and here's what I found:

1. Custom field icons on tiles: I'm not seeing a plan for this, please post a request in Suggest Features.

2. Skip Details section when going to course: Ditto, I'm not seeing a plan for this, please post a request in Suggest Features.

3. Seminar direct enrollment date selection on Details page: Ditto, I'm not seeing a plan for this, please post a request in Suggest Features.

The Suggest Features forum is found here in the Community.

Thank you!

Wes