Totara Learn Open Discussions

How to force program to recalculate completion?

? ?
How to force program to recalculate completion?
by ? ? - Thursday, 30 May 2019, 5:42 AM

I've got a program where we had made some mistakes in what courses were set as mandatory and what were set at optional. Some users had completed all the mandatory ones but not the optional ones and thus earned 100% completion.

Now we've changed the optional courses to mandatory however the users' completion still show as 100%.

How can we force Totara to recalculate the program's completion for all or certain users? I tired removing and then adding the users back into the program but that didn't help.

Craig Eves
Re: How to force program to recalculate completion?
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Monday, 3 June 2019, 9:07 PM
Group Totara

Hi Gustav

As far as I know there isn't a way to recalculate a program's completion - the program completion is calculated on the conditions at the time of enrolment.

There is a program completion editor that allows you to change individual completion records

? ?
by ? ? - Monday, 3 June 2019, 11:53 PM

Thank you for your reply Craig! Would you please then add this as a future development request to the product team? That completion can be counted based on current requirements, rather than those at the time of enrollment?
Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Thursday, 6 June 2019, 8:06 PM
Group Totara

Hi Gustav

I think this would be best to be as part of the completion editor so any changes are tracked.

If it was part of the program settings I think that there would be problems with having to constantly checking program requirements before actioning completions.

What do you think?

regards

? ?
by ? ? - Thursday, 6 June 2019, 9:48 PM

I would see this as a program setting (even turned on by default) to calculate program completion dynamically. In the last LMS I was working with this was the standard functionality.

Another advantage of this is that it would be possible to create a "Things you must know"-program with content that is ever changing.
me
by George Angus - Monday, 10 June 2019, 8:59 PM
Group Totara

Hi Gustav,

I can create a feature request for this functionality, but would be very useful would be a business case and maybe more details of how you see this working - if you could provide any more info that would be great.

cheers,

George.