Totara Learn Open Discussions

Appraisal Non-Question Elements Requiring Other Roles to View to Complete Stage

Alex Carrick
Appraisal Non-Question Elements Requiring Other Roles to View to Complete Stage
by Alex Carrick - Tuesday, 11 June 2019, 9:28 AM
Group Partners

Alright I've been having a hell of a time trying to set up what should be a fairly straight forward use case for an Appraisal.  The work flow would be:

• A user's manager answers a set of questions (ranking/comment)
  • User, Manager's Manager and Appraiser can view the completed answers at some point.  (not required to view/not necessary to complete)
  • Manager and user meet to discuss the answers from the first bullet and generate an action plan
  • answers from previous bullet/action plan viewable to all after completion

My problem stems from every time I give view permissions to other roles on questions/non-question elements it forces those roles to view the Appraisal before it will complete the stage:

appraisal where the only question M's M & Appraisal can view is an aggregate rating:

I want the M's M & appraiser to be able to view the aggregate rating of the another role's answers (the manager in this case).  However if I add them to it the element displays as if it's aggregating their answers:

I thought I might be able to get around this by not giving the M's M/Appraiser permissions within the Appriasal itself and just built a report for them based on the Appraisal Detail report source.  But even with the content/access restrictions correct they can only view the name of the Appraisal - not the actual content:

Report view as Manager's Manager

View of Report columns as an Admin:

I feel like I'm going crazy with this.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  I've tested every permission/stage/page combination I can think of and I can't get it to function the way I would want/expect. 

Craig Eves
Re: Appraisal Non-Question Elements Requiring Other Roles to View to Complete Stage
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Tuesday, 11 June 2019, 8:39 PM
Group Totara

Hi Alex

Are you able to file a support ticket  so we can look at this in detail. 

It looks like you have a helpdesk account so should be able to login with your email address as username and select forgot password.

Please include the Totara version and any relevant settings you have such as dynamic appraisals, multiple job assignments etc so we can sort out what is going wrong.

regards