Best practice forum (Archived)

whats the diff between assigning via the visible learning tab and reg assignment

Christina Morejon
whats the diff between assigning via the visible learning tab and reg assignment
by Christina Morejon - Tuesday, 11 June 2019, 1:10 PM

Hello Totara People.

Im trying to figure out, what if ANY is the difference between assigning learning via the Visible Learning Tab in Audiences vs. adding an audience to any given program?    both are ways to attach learning to a group of people based on pre set criteria so is there any benefit of one over the other?

thanks for any insights

Christina

Wesley Holden
Re: whats the diff between assigning via the visible learning tab and reg assignment
by Wesley Holden - Wednesday, 12 June 2019, 6:34 AM

Hi Christina,

Great question, the short answer is there isn't one! Either way you choose to do it, you'll notice that the assignment will pop up on the other page as well. 

Personally, I don't choose one method over the other consistently. If I'm setting up an audience and the program already exists, I'll add the program as I build the audience. If the audience already exists and I'm building a new program, I'll assign it as part of building the program.

Cheers!

Wes

Christina Morejon
Re: whats the diff between assigning via the visible learning tab and reg assignment
by Christina Morejon - Wednesday, 12 June 2019, 7:13 AM

thanks for clarifying that for me Wesley.   Much appreciated ;)

christina