Best practice forum (Archived)

Seminar sessions linking registration?

Sarah Brown
Seminar sessions linking registration?
by Sarah Brown - Wednesday, 3 July 2019, 6:51 PM

I have added a new event to my seminar, and it is a 2 day event. There is also an optional follow up day afterwards which users can choose to attend or not. 

What we want it users to be able to register for the 2 day course, and then if they wish they can register for the follow up session which is 1 on 1. I have added this to the event as a seperate session. 

For some reason when a user signs up to the first 2 days, it seems to be linking to the optional session. Although it says there is no one registered for the event it says they are already signed up. See screenshot below: 

Is anyone able to help with this please? 

Thanks

Wesley Holden
Re: Seminar sessions linking registration?
by Wesley Holden - Thursday, 4 July 2019, 12:47 PM

HI Sarah,

The way this is setup Totara is looking at it as if the user can sign up for either:

the  event on Aug 23 & 27 OR the event on August 28 (It's treating it as if the 28th is a repeat of the 23 &27 session.)

What you'll need to do is remove August 28th and create a separate seminar activity that lets folks sign up for that optional day. That way, it won't interfere with the signup for the required days.

Cheers,

Wes

Sarah Brown
Re: Seminar sessions linking registration?
by Sarah Brown - Sunday, 7 July 2019, 5:22 PM

Hi Wes

Thanks for the reply. You are correct, users can sign up for the 2 day event and then the optional 3rd day separately if they wish. But for some reason it was saying users were already booked for the 28th of August even though they had only signed up for the 23 & 27th. 

I've had this set up this exact way for another seminar and it worked perfectly fine as 2 separate sign ups. I'm not sure why this one was linking like this. 

I've set up the 3rd optional day as a complete new event to stop it linking. 

Thanks again