Totara Learn Open Discussions

Can a Program be a Dashboard Landing Page?

? ?
Can a Program be a Dashboard Landing Page?
by ? ? - Monday, 26 August 2019, 11:51 AM

Hi Totara Community

we are having an issue with our New Hire Curriculum that I thought to post about here in the hopes you can make some suggestions.   We have a Program that is our New Hire Curriculum.  For multiple reasons, we disabled the programs tab and suggested they keep the Enrollment Email with the direct link to the program.   The reality is that nobody follows instructions so now they only complete some of the modules in the program but never all-claiming they didn't realize there were more.    I realized recently that if they also deleted the email then they wouldn't know how to reach the Program landing page.  I tried to add this direct link as a box in the dashboard but I can't control for audience visibility which leaves the wrong people see it.   Any suggestions on either 

1. how to make the main page of this program be the landing page on their dashboard?

2.  how to add a direct link to the program on our dashboard that I can control visibility based on Audiences?

3. other idea?

thanks so much in advance

Christina

Craig Eves
Re: Can a Program be a Dashboard Landing Page?
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Monday, 26 August 2019, 4:11 PM
Group Totara

Hi Christina

I am not sure if I fully understand the problem but can describe a couple of options

It is possible to make a dashboard visible to a selected audience - adding a link to the  dashboard to the program should provide the right people access to the required program

It is also possible to add audience based visibility to a program - if this is applied then users can access the program  through the catalog or through the Current learning block or a link 

Regards

Alex Carrick
Re: Can a Program be a Dashboard Landing Page?
by Alex Carrick - Thursday, 19 December 2019, 1:25 PM
Group Partners

Hey Christina - Was searching for a different Program related post and came across yours (better late than never).

There's a few suggestions I have (especially depending on what version of Totara you're on, I'll assume V12):

• On the Dashboard
    • Utilize a Current Learning block on your dashboard, this will allow them (and anyone else) to see what courses/programs/certs they're enrolled in
    • Utilize a Featured Links Block > Add a tile for the Program > Set the visibility for only that audience (the best part about this is if a user doesn't have access to any of the tiles, the block doesn't display, so you don't need to worry about other users seeing an empty block)
  • Within the Courses
    • Utilize a Program Completions block within the course so the user has an easy way to get back to the program page
    • Utilize a Featured Links block to take them back to the Program Page
    • Utilize a Featured Links block to display the other courses within the Program (so they can jump from course to course without having to go back to the Program page every time)