Totara Learn Open Discussions

Appraisal - Change of Appraiser

? ?
Appraisal - Change of Appraiser
by ? ? - Thursday, 9 January 2020, 4:36 PM

Hi - we have 12 month cycles for performance management; using the appraisal function.  It's necessary for the current appraiser to see the previous years appraisal (contains learning plans, goals etc.).  We closed off last year's appraisal in December 2019 and opened this year's one.  Where employees now have a different appraiser (because last year there was a acting manager or a manager who has since resigned and there is new one now), the new appraiser/manager cannot see last year's appraisal (employees still in same position/workgroup).  In some situations the appraiser/manager was on leave for just a couple of weeks while a backfill appraiser/manager stepped in.  Now the manager is back from leave and cannot see the appraisal/uploads from last year.  We refresh via an upload file, and it only updates the current appraisal.  As this affects currently about 300-400 employees (15%) it's a huge issue.  Is there any way to fix this from our end?

Craig Eves
Re: Appraisal - Change of Appraiser
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Monday, 13 January 2020, 6:50 PM
Group Totara

Hi Jason

I tried this in version 12 with dynamic appraisals turned on and once the appraisal is closed then the new manager isn't able to access the appraisal. 

There is quite a bit of work being done on Appraisals for Totara Perform to make them more flexible including the ability to add multiple appraisers. 

I will try and get some feedback about how your use case may be part of the new appraisals.

Regards

Levoca Kosice
by Levoca Kosice - Thursday, 16 January 2020, 12:28 AM

Hi Craig,

I have a follow up question - is it possible to somehow hide appraisals from totara/appraisal/index.php when the assignment has been cancelled?

I am using audiences and had to transfer a few people between different audiences (ergo different appraisal versions). Somehow it is confusing to a few people which appraisal to use,

Thank you very much! 

Alexander Roche
by Alexander Roche - Tuesday, 14 January 2020, 2:23 PM
Group Partners

Hi Jason

We may have a solution for you for this. I will transfer the question into Androgogic's Service Desk system and answer you there.

https://quixotic.androgogic.com.au/tickets/view/247289

rgds

Alexander Roche

? ?
by ? ? - Thursday, 16 January 2020, 1:43 PM

Thank you.

I don't appear to have a log in for that help desk system link above.  Have tried "forgotten password" option, however no email has come through (checked junk mail etc.).