Totara Learn Open Discussions

Program behavior

Stjepan Werft
Program behavior
by Stjepan Werft - Monday, 27 January 2020, 2:34 AM

Hello all,

I just watched the webinar recording on programs and certifications. Great work Wesley, by the way.  

It came to my mind, and I wanted to check with you. Let’s say, we at our company have an onboarding program in place (2-3 sets with 2-3 courses). What happens when a new hire completes the program, but in a few months, we update one of the sets with additional mandatory courses? 

Does it mean that the new hire will have to complete the added courses or just the learners affected after the update of the program?

Thanks for your input.

Best regards,

Stjepan

Craig Eves
Re: Program behavior
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Monday, 27 January 2020, 11:50 AM
Group Totara

Hi Stjepan

If the user has already completed the certification and an additional course is added the user will not be affected - they remain complete.

If the courses are added to the recertification path then these additional course will be need to be completed when the recertification window opens.

Only newly assigned users or users with a status of in progress will be affected by changes to the certification path and these users will need to complete the certification based on the changes to the content.

Regards

Stjepan Werft
by Stjepan Werft - Tuesday, 28 January 2020, 12:06 AM

Thanks Craig!

Just one additional clarification. This is also how programs behave? I know they bear a lot of resemblances, but I want to be 100% certain.

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Tuesday, 28 January 2020, 2:23 PM
Group Totara

Hi Stjepan

that is right completed programs wont need to complete courses that have been added to a program = only newly assigned and in progress users will need to completed the new course path.

Stephen Catton
by Stephen Catton - Thursday, 30 January 2020, 1:57 AM

Hi Stjepan

This is similar to a question/problem i have. We have a need to keep a program from completing so that i can add additional courses as they become available.

At the moment i have to go through the enrolled people and edit the completion status which is very time-consuming.

Also, i have a secondary need where i would like to be able to set it so that courses are released once a month relative to when they started the program and be able to use the same courses in a second program for other users where they can access them as fast or as slow as they want.

Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated.