Totara Learn Open Discussions

Course complettion into Certification

Rebecca Eastwood
Course complettion into Certification
by Rebecca Eastwood - Friday, 7 February 2020, 10:08 AM

Hi,

I've tried to figure this out and I can't seem to get it to work. Does anyone know how I can use the course completion in one course to generate a notification of enrolment another course that requires certification? The recertification needs to take place 12 months after the first course has been completed.  The course that the completion comes from has been set for an wider audience i.e. "all staff" audience and the refresher is for a specific group who are already in the wider audience- i.e. managers.

The certification program now has the specific audience i.e. managers and so does the course inside the program. Bu I need to relate the two courses together and notify users.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks
Rebecca

Craig Eves
Re: Course complettion into Certification
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Sunday, 9 February 2020, 7:28 PM
Group Totara

Hi Rebecca

I am not clear about what you are wanting but think you could have two certifications and have an audience that enrols in the second certification based on the first Certification being completed.

Messages for course set completion can be setup in the second Certification to notify users.

Can you provide a bit more detail on the type of messages required and how the course relate together?

regards

Rebecca Eastwood
Re: Course complettion into Certification
by Rebecca Eastwood - Monday, 10 February 2020, 5:54 AM

Hi Craig,

What I was looking for - users who were enrolled and completed a first course to then do refresher training in another course. The refresher training needed to be repeated annually rather than the longer initial course.

I was a little confused as to how I could enrol persons who had completed the initial course to the refresher training.

I think I've found a way.

So, I created an audience with the rule that the first course had to have been completed 365 days before being added to the audience attached to the refresher course. I made the refresher course a certification with the setting that it needed to be repeated yearly. And set all of the Notification e-mail/reminders for that time frame.

Fingers crossed that should cover all I need.

But if you have anything further- i'd love some more advice.

Thanks