Totara Learn Open Discussions

Categories and Audiences

Sue Blake
Categories and Audiences
by Sue Blake - Wednesday, 12 February 2020, 7:29 AM
Group Good learner 2023Group Most Helpful Contributor 2022Group Most helpful contributor 2023Group TXP Site Administrator

I'm trying to test creating Audiences for the first time in our Version 12 Sandbox and want the audience to only be able to see 3 of  our 4 course categories.  The category I want to 'hide' contains 40+ training items.  Is there an easy way to simply hide the category from them?  All I can seem to find at the moment is ways to hide individual courses from audiences.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sue

Craig Eves
Re: Categories and Audiences
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Wednesday, 12 February 2020, 1:25 PM
Group Totara

Hi Sue

Hiding the categories does not automatically hide the courses in the category with audience visibility turned on.

This has been suggested as a feature see https://totara.community/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=19137 for the discussion of issues and requirements.

Regards

Sue Blake
Re: Categories and Audiences
by Sue Blake - Thursday, 13 February 2020, 6:06 AM
Group Good learner 2023Group Most Helpful Contributor 2022Group Most helpful contributor 2023Group TXP Site Administrator

Thanks Craig, an interesting read and appears others have queried this before.    I've been looking at the Totara help and had thought the the attached screenshot would help me do something but can't find out what the Audiences option on the Course Category Management Screen actually does do, especially the Category Audiences tab.