Totara Learn Open Discussions

Feedback submissions alerts

Larry Mitipelo
Feedback submissions alerts
by Larry Mitipelo - Monday, 20 April 2020, 7:32 PM
Group Most Helpful Contributor 2021Group Most Helpful Contributor 2022Group Most helpful contributor 2023

What's the best way to be alerted about feedback submissions?

There's this

https://help.totaralearning.com/display/TL12/Feedback

Enable notification of submissions

Notifications will be sent to the Site Administrators upon the submission.

Is there a way to send it to someone else?

As an administrator I 'm not interested in someone making a feedback submission. As the course owner I do want to know that.

thanks

Tom Wood
Re: Feedback submissions alerts
by Tom Wood - Monday, 27 April 2020, 4:54 AM
Group Totara
Hi Larry,

This appears to be an error in the help documentation. It's actually the trainer in the course who should receive these notifications not the Site Administrator.

I've notified our documentation team and asked them to correct this. It should state "If enabled, trainers will receive notification of feedback submissions."

Hope this helps,

Cheers

Tom

Larry Mitipelo
by Larry Mitipelo - Monday, 27 April 2020, 5:25 PM
Group Most Helpful Contributor 2021Group Most Helpful Contributor 2022Group Most helpful contributor 2023

Thanks Tom , that helps a little.

But I don't want every trainer to get a notification if feedback is submitted on a course only the trainer on the course.

Is the notifcation at a site or course level?

If it is at a course level, how do I assign a trainer? Currently the only way I know how to do that is when there is a workshop on the course.

But what if there isn't a workshop on the course?

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Monday, 27 April 2020, 6:50 PM
Group Totara

Hi Larry

It is possible to assign roles to a category  which will mean ithe trainer role will be assigned for users in that role for every course in the category.

If you assign a trainer to a single course at a time you can manually enrol them as a trainer 

It is also possible to use a user upload to add selected users as trainers to courses - the courseid and roleid can be used to upload this information

regards

Larry Mitipelo
by Larry Mitipelo - Wednesday, 29 April 2020, 12:57 PM

Hi Craig,

I assigned myself as a trainer but have not been sent any notifications when feedback has been submitted.

Is there a template for the notification that needs to be made active?

Thanks,
Larry

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Thursday, 30 April 2020, 4:33 PM
Group Totara

Hi Larry

It is possible for a user to have these notifications turned off under their Profile >Preference > Notification preferences

Regards