Totara Learn Open Discussions

Certification course enrolment

James Landrigan
Certification course enrolment
by James Landrigan - Wednesday, 29 April 2020, 11:26 PM

Hi there,

On our Totara 10 when a user accesses a course for the first time in a certification from the current learning block (see screenshot) they are told the course is not available to learners. They have to go into the certification and launch the course from there first in order to be enrolled.

Is this the expected behaviour and do Totara 11 & 12 behave the same?

Many thanks

James

Craig Eves
Re: Certification course enrolment
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Thursday, 30 April 2020, 7:03 PM
Group Totara

Hi James

That is the behaviour in 11 and 12 too - what is happening is a check is being made to see if the user has met the program set completion rules before the user can enrol in the course.

This even happens in the first course of the program - to get around this you can enrol the user in the first course of the program as well as the enrolling them in the program.  I tested this out and this seems to work.

Alternatively this could be linked to cron - if the user is part of an audience then they are not enrolled in the program until the enrol_cohort task is run, This means there may be a delay for being able to access the program's learning.

Regards

James Landrigan
Re: Certification course enrolment
by James Landrigan - Thursday, 30 April 2020, 8:02 PM

Thanks Craig,

For this certification the course sets were set up with AND between so the users can complete them in any order so I was hoping they could access any of the courses from the Current Learning block without having to first launch the course from the certification page.

I think I will just have to enrol users in the courses and the certification at the same time.

Regards

James