Totara Learn Open Discussions

Change Appraiser

? ?
Change Appraiser
by ? ? - Wednesday, 6 May 2020, 6:36 PM

Hi - we have a huge restructure on at the moment with managers changing roles and also separating from the organisation.  For employees who have submitted an appraisal and not have it approved by their old manager, how do we re-assign the outstanding appraisal to their new manager  (our process is set up so that the employee submits some answers to questions first and then the manager is the 2nd part of the appraisal/approval). .

I've tried updating the job assignment to the new manager and the using the roll back feature, however the old manager still is listed and the new manager has no visibility over the existing appraisal the employee submitted. 

As we have roughly 302 employees in this position, is there any way to change this?  If not, our only other option would probably be move the process out of the Totara and maybe into a SharePoint workflow (however as we have 1700 completed appraisals for the current period all completed and signed off, this would not be an ideal option).

Help! 

Nathan Lewis
Re: Change Appraiser
by Nathan Lewis - Wednesday, 6 May 2020, 9:16 PM
Group Totara

Setting appraisal_user_assignment.jobassignmentid to null may allow users to re-select their job assignment (it may be assigned automatically, either on cron or when they next access the appraisal, if they only have one job assignment), and the new manager or appraiser may be written into the correct place in the appraisal_role_assignment records. Or you could manually update the appraisal_role_assignment records. But I have no idea if there are other consequences, or even if it will work as intended (Does it work with dynamic appraisals on or off? Multiple jobs on or off?). If you want to try this then I suggest cloning the site and testing it on the clone.