Totara Learn Open Discussions

Add an activity; 'Database' advice

Jeet Padaruth
Add an activity; 'Database' advice
by Jeet Padaruth - Tuesday, 12 May 2020, 2:56 AM

Dear TC

I need some advice, we have been asked to record test-papers into the LMS which will be updated in bulk by bank administrators. Looking at the options on Totara it seems like 'Database' is the best option for this however I’ve never used it, only played with it on staging.

Can I get your user experience please? Are there any faults? Limitations? Things I should be aware of?

For instance my management team want a drop down menu to be included of 5 items, however in the near future they may be an addition to this drop down menu. If we add to it at a later date will this affect the records that have already been entered?

I'd appreciate any feedback I can get or perhaps an alternative method altogether?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Jeet.

Craig Eves
Re: Add an activity; 'Database' advice
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Tuesday, 12 May 2020, 7:18 PM
Group Totara

Hi Jeet

I am not sure what the test paper are - are these related to a course and are they assessed . If they are then the Assignment module allows for uploading files and grading these 

If the files are to show evidence of Learning then they can be uploaded as Evidence items with additional evidence fields able to be added

Regards

Jeet Padaruth
Re: Add an activity; 'Database' advice
by Jeet Padaruth - Wednesday, 13 May 2020, 2:59 AM

Dear Craig

Thanks for getting back to me.

What I meant by "Test" is in regards to assessing/scoring products; we want to record the testing of an item so we can extract the data and review the score for each category as you would in a survey.

Does this make it clearer? thanks for your advice..

Jeet.