Totara Learn Open Discussions

Glossary tabs

Edna Torea-Allan
Glossary tabs
by Edna Torea-Allan - Wednesday, 3 June 2020, 2:35 PM

I want to set up a basic FAQ using the Glossary Activity. The only tabs required are Browse by Alphabet and Browse by Category.

I managed to get this in Totara Learn 11 by choosing display format Simple dictionary style.

However this doesn't work in Totara Learn 12; I only get the Alphabet.

I've looked at other options, but they all have too many tabs that will only serve to distract in our situation.

So I've gone to the Glossary settings page and Display formats and can see a field called Visible tabs (see image). But it appears you can't just delete these to customise the display.

Can anyone advise if what looks to be possible is, and if it is, how do I remove these extraneous tabs?

Or does anyone have another idea how my FAQ goal can be achieved?

Thank you

Craig Eves
Re: Glossary tabs
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Thursday, 4 June 2020, 5:22 PM
Group Totara

Hi Edna

You are in the right location to change the visible tabs.

Site admin >Plugin, > Ativity modules > Glossary > Settings

Select 'Display formats setup'  for the Simple dictionary Style and edit this so 'Browse by category'is selected 

Then go into the FAQ Glossary and make sure the glossary is the Simple dictionary style 

Your screenshot shows FAQ format setup rather than the simple dictionary style you require this for.

Regards

Edna Torea-Allan
Re: Glossary tabs
by Edna Torea-Allan - Thursday, 4 June 2020, 8:00 PM

Thank you - I realise now I can choose any of them, including FAQs, and it is that I don't need to delete the view, I just need make sure it is highlighted.

Much appreciated.