Totara Perform Open Discussions

Manager-Lead Workflow Help

Alex Carrick
Manager-Lead Workflow Help
by Alex Carrick - Friday, 23 October 2020, 7:08 AM
Group Partners

I've been working on an RFP for a current Totara Learn client looking to replace a legacy system potentially with Perform.

They've given requirements and I can't get the following workflow to work. Hoping someone might be able to help:

• Two "templates" that will be re-used, I'm assuming these would be separate activities
  • As a user's manager I can initiate the process > select the template to use > select the user participant > complete the activity
I've test multiple ways can't make this work. I can see the read-only assessment as the participant, but there's no way for the manager to initiate the activity.

Any ideas?
Phil Williscroft
Re: Manager-Lead Workflow Help
by Phil Williscroft - Monday, 26 October 2020, 2:17 PM

Hi Alex.
I'm the product owner for Perform.

What I read from your post is that the client requirement is to allow managers to assign activities to individuals on an adhoc basis?

If this is correct, then unfortunately the answer is no.  Assignment is an admin only function, and assignment to individuals is not possible in v13. 

A possible solution is to assign all activities to all users and have the user self select the relevant activities with reference to the manager.  But that might not suit your particular requirements.

We are in the discovery phase for v14.  If you wish I can raise an improvement request so we can gather feedback on the popularity of this feature from the partner community.

Thanks