Totara Open Discussions

certification based on course completion date

Rebecca Fraser
certification based on course completion date
by Rebecca Fraser - Tuesday, 27 October 2020, 5:17 PM

Hi everyone, currently all of our certifications have been set up for x years based on expiry date, and a window open for 30 days. This is not flexible enough for our business as they need people to be able to adjust their dates, and complete when required before the expiry.

I recommended moving all certifications to 1 day window open and base it on course completion date, but the date is not updating for the certification. Is someone able to shed some light on this as all that I read shows this should be working?

Craig Eves
Re: certification based on course completion date
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Tuesday, 27 October 2020, 6:29 PM
Group Totara

Hi Rebecca

I think that basing the recertifcation date based on the certification date will give more flexibility to complete within x years of completing the Cortication rather than the same date each x year.

Setting the Period window opens before expiration to one day is less flexible. This means that learners won't be able to start recertifying until one day before the Certification expires - is this what you want?

Regards

Rebecca Fraser
by Rebecca Fraser - Tuesday, 27 October 2020, 7:12 PM

Hi Craig, the issue I have is that with the window open and resetting my team members, the report shows them as not complete and they can't be rostered for work as not complete, yet they haven't expired. I also have a heap of my users needing to change their certification date to outside of peak period, and they need to do this when the window isn't open so I am really struggling with how to do it

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Tuesday, 27 October 2020, 8:07 PM
Group Totara

Hi Rebecca

OK thanks for the explanation - there are some reports that show the historic certification completion with date of previous completion would this be able to be used to see whether the course has been completed ?

Regards

Rebecca Fraser
by Rebecca Fraser - Wednesday, 28 October 2020, 2:47 PM

Thanks Craig, my question is in relation to the ability to also change their certification date. I need this to be able to be adjusted when they complete the recertification and show. But are they only able to do this is the window is open?

Sorry, I really am challenged by the flexibility need. I have a work force of 80k people and need to be able to align certifications to business needs. 

Rebecca Fraser
by Rebecca Fraser - Sunday, 1 November 2020, 2:41 PM

Hi Craig, just wondering if you were aware of any other ways we can achieve this?