Totara Talent Experience Platform Open Discussions

Deleting a RPL (Record of Prior Learning)

Liz Baines
Deleting a RPL (Record of Prior Learning)
by Liz Baines - Tuesday, 1 December 2020, 8:31 AM

Hello all, wondering if you can help.

I have been uploading RPL via CSV for course completions due to our employees not yet having access to the system. However, I have uploaded some records in error. Is there any way I can permanently delete the records? I have gone into completion editor and changed the course completion status to 'not yet started' but this still shows up in the course completion records and also in the learner's record of learning as 'no criteria'.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.

me
Re: Deleting a RPL (Record of Prior Learning)
by George Angus - Tuesday, 1 December 2020, 7:06 PM
Group Totara

Hi Liz,

Delete the dates and the grade in the completion editor, and unenroll the Learner. 

The purpose of RPL is to record learning which was taken outside of the system, it stands for 'Recognition of Prior Learning', this means the status of 'Not yet started' is irrelevant to the grade as the Learner wont have undertaken the course anyway. 

Feel free to drop us a line if you've any other queries.

cheers,

George.

Liz Baines
by Liz Baines - Wednesday, 2 December 2020, 3:51 AM

Hi George

Thank you for coming back to me. I have deleted the dates and changed the course completion status to 'not yet started' however it still has a time enrolled date under the current completion tab. How do I change this and unenroll learners from a site admin perspective (we wouldn’t want learners to unenroll themselves)?

We also have an issue with a lot of courses appearing in the users ‘record of learning’ and showing ‘no criteria’ or ‘not tracked’ under the progress column. In some instances, we have uploaded RPL but the progress still says ‘no criteria’ it is like the system isn’t reading the previous completion date.  

For the other instances where this is occurring, we haven’t uploaded any RPL for these or set any course completion settings however is it appearing within their record of learning as not tracked / no criteria.  

Any advice will be really appreciated.

Liz

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Wednesday, 2 December 2020, 2:38 PM
Group Totara

Hi Liz

There is a script that may be able to be used that will delete all (or a time-based subset of) unstarted course completion records of users who are no longer enrolled on a given course. This script can be found at admin/cli/delete_unused_course_completions.php and can be run with a --help flag to output usage instructions.

When run, this script will log that it has executed, and include the parameters used as well as how many unstarted completion records were deleted.

It is important to back up the database before you run the script. 

The users will need to be unenrolled from the course - how were the users enrolled ? If they were enrolled in the course by audience then this should be able to be done through the audience. if manually enrolled then each user will need to be manually unenrolled.

For the second question on the Not tracked can you go to the course and select Edit settings and check that enable completion is set to 'Yes'

regards