Totara Learn Open Discussions

Reminder for trainers

Vladimir Puaca
Reminder for trainers
by Vladimir Puaca - Wednesday, 9 December 2020, 12:21 AM
Group Most Helpful Contributor 2021

Hi, 

I am trying to set up reminders for trainers only via Face-to-face activity module. 

However, when I try to use a template called: Face to face trainer confirmation I cannot find the option for the recipients to be trainers only. 

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,

Vladimir

me
Re: Reminder for trainers
by George Angus - Wednesday, 9 December 2020, 6:48 PM
Group Totara

Hi Vladimir,

Its not possible to do this at present, because the trigger for the original notification is the assignation of a trainer, this doesn't happen with the template - so the recipients aren't copied.

I think a workaround in this case would be to use the Seminar booking reminder which reminds all booked participants. Do you have a specific use case we could consider for an improvement?

cheers,

George.

Vladimir Puaca
by Vladimir Puaca - Tuesday, 22 December 2020, 10:47 AM

Hi George, 

thank you for the reply and sorry that I wasn't quick enough to write a clarification. 

Our problem is that around the organisation (in multiple offices) we have some formal & informal training sessions which sometimes even the facilitators forget. We would like to have a reminder for them that a session is coming up. 

In the meantime, I started pondering on the possibility of using Minimal bookings option in the session to create a reminder for the facilitator. The problem with this is once maximum bookings are achieved, the facilitator ironically does not get a notification, which maximises the damage :)

Do you have any convenient workarounds or some known plugins that you think might help?

Thanks, 

Vlad

Vladimir Puaca
by Vladimir Puaca - Monday, 4 January 2021, 12:48 AM

Hi George, 

thank you for the above reply and the idea, however, I've found (I think) a workaround that fits better to the purpose I need it. 

I think I would like to use the Minimal bookings option in the Seminar/Face-to-face activity because this gives us the option to notify only the trainer about the upcoming session. 

However, the problem I face is that I can't find a way to amend this message? Is this something that an administrator can do? Or is there an option to contact our vendor to amend this? Also, this is something I am currently trying to introduce on Totara 2.9, but I would also like to inquire is this possible on Totara 13, which we'll be starting to introduce in Q1. 

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Vladimir

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Thursday, 7 January 2021, 2:20 PM
Group Totara

Hi Vlad

The roles that receive the minimum capacity notification is set under Site administration > Seminars > Global Settings > Notification recipients

The message text is able to be modified through the language pack and editing the string sessionundercapacity_body

Regards