Totara Talent Experience Platform Open Discussions

Audience un-enrolment

Jennifer Lam
Audience un-enrolment
by Jennifer Lam - Sunday, 20 December 2020, 9:59 PM

Hi all,

We are using Totara v9 and we use dynamic audience to group enrol users to different courses, programs and certifications.

We know that the audience will still pick up users who are suspended and the number of members cannot reflect the real number of active users unless we pull a report. So, we would like to add a rule to exclude suspended users. However, I have seen somewhere that if we exclude suspended users, meaning unenroll them from the courses/programs/certifications, their grade will be removed??

May I know if this is the case? Because we would like to keep any users' records in case they come back and ask.

Does it mean if I want to retain users' completion record, I can never unenroll from course? Can you please explain what will happen to the followings:

1. Course Record

2. Program Record

3. Certification Record

Thank you very much!

Jennifer

Craig Eves
Re: Audience un-enrolment
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Monday, 21 December 2020, 2:54 PM
Group Totara

Hi Jennifer

The user will get unenrolled from their learning if they are no longer a member of the audience that enrolled them.

There is a setting in the audience sync enrolment method 'External unenrol action' that you can set to prevent completion data being deleted  

• Disable course enrolment and remove roles: Suspends the user enrolment whilst retaining user data such as activity grades from the course
Regards
Jennifer Lam
Re: Audience un-enrolment
by Jennifer Lam - Monday, 21 December 2020, 10:00 PM

Hi Craig,

Sounds great!! I will give it a test and see if this is what I want to achieve!

Thank you as always!

Jennifer