Totara Talent Experience Platform Open Discussions

Multiple Job Assignments (HR Import)

Stephen Catton
Multiple Job Assignments (HR Import)
by Stephen Catton - Monday, 11 January 2021, 9:37 AM

I would like to confirm what I understand of a setting in HR import for Job Assignment. This is because once set it cannot be reversed (I think)

This is regarding the Update ID numbers setting and setting it to 'No'.

My understanding is that I can update the job assignment using a unique short ID Number. Adding this ID Number to the Job assignment upload .csv file will update the corresponding Job Assignment.

Forgive me, as a survivor of a few 'OMG' moments, but something that cannot be un-done makes me somewhat uncomfortable.

Cheers

Stephen

Craig Eves
Re: Multiple Job Assignments (HR Import)
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Monday, 11 January 2021, 2:17 PM
Group Totara

Hi Stephen

Your understanding is correct about the Update ID numbers setting not being able to be changed once set to No 

There are fuller details in the documentation - if you using multiple job assignments that you want to update with HR Import then the No option should be taken and the HR import job assignment ID matches the job assignment you want to update,

If you choose the option that allows multiple job assignments then you won't be able to switch back to the option of single job assignments without losing job assignments data so this is why this has been prevented - there may be other reasons as well.

Regards

Stephen Catton
Re: Multiple Job Assignments (HR Import)
by Stephen Catton - Tuesday, 12 January 2021, 1:06 AM

Thanks Craig