Totara Talent Experience Platform Open Discussions

Course Specific Reporting and GDPR Requirements

Sue Blake
Course Specific Reporting and GDPR Requirements
by Sue Blake - Tuesday, 26 January 2021, 12:30 AM
Group Good learner 2023Group Most Helpful Contributor 2022Group Most helpful contributor 2023Group TXP Site Administrator

I want to create reports for our Trainers/Technical Leads that shows them course completion data but only for their particular course.  Is there a way I can hard code the Course Name in the report so when they run the report it only comes back with the results for their course?

Currently, they appear to be able to see data in the report for all learners for all courses, this may have GDPR implications.

I did raise this is a post about a year ago but don't think a solution was suggested as it only appeared to work if the learners were in one audience which then limited the trainer's visibility to that audience info.

Advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sue

Craig Eves
Re: Course Specific Reporting and GDPR Requirements
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Tuesday, 26 January 2021, 5:34 PM
Group Totara

Hi Sue

It is possible to restrict a report to only show records of users that are in a selected audience - this option is under the Content tab of the Report.

If you had an audience for each course to include users who have completed the course and also not completed the course to include those users  who have a completion record for the course (enrolled in the course) then only enrolled users would be shown.

In the Access tab you would only let the Trainer role to view the report.

I am not sure what visibility to audience information is limited - can you explain the problem in more detail?

It is also possible to save search filters - these filters can be used in scheduled reports or Report table block  to show the appropriate courses.

Regards

Sue Blake
Re: Course Specific Reporting and GDPR Requirements
by Sue Blake - Wednesday, 27 January 2021, 11:27 PM
Group Good learner 2023Group Most Helpful Contributor 2022Group Most helpful contributor 2023Group TXP Site Administrator

Hi Craig, thanks for your help.  Our learners don't fit in a specific audience but I might try your suggestion of adding people to audiences for course completion.  I'm trying to avoid lots of audiences for specific courses.  

I've had a look at scheduled reports and using the save search filter and that appears to cover what we need, especially as I can select it so the report is automatically emailed to the Trainer.

Sue