Totara Learn Open Discussions

Report showing what messages have been sent

LowndesPaul
Report showing what messages have been sent
LowndesPaul 发表于 2021年02月22日 Monday 04:01
小组 Most Helpful Contributor 2021

Does anyone know if there is a report that shows what emails have been sent out by the platform?

When we add a user the system sends out a welcome email with the users login information.

Sometimes the email gets caught up in user's spam filters but sometimes the user claims they have not received any email after checking their spam folder.

I would like to check that emails are being sent consistently from the system when we add a user.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks

Paul

Craig Eves
Re: Report showing what messages have been sent
Eves (Totara Support)Craig 发表于 2021年02月24日 Wednesday 14:13
小组 Totara

Hi Paul

There is a report source 'Messages' that captures messages that are sent through  Totara  Alerts and notification - this isn't all inclusive as some  messages such as messages  from the system aren't included

If this is inconsistent then it may be the mail server rejecting emails - the SPF record for domain may need to be created 

Regards

MitipeloLarry
MitipeloLarry 发表于 2021年02月28日 Sunday 14:30
小组 Most Helpful Contributor 2021小组 Most Helpful Contributor 2022小组 Most helpful contributor 2023

We have a plug in, Mail log, that we use for exactly this purpose. amongst other things.

I'm not sure if you could replicate its results with the messages report, but because I use mail log I've never had to try.

I also see there's a feature request for this, TL-3104 FEATURE: Report of when messages/emails have been sent by the system.

LowndesPaul
LowndesPaul 发表于 2021年03月1日 Monday 04:05
小组 Most Helpful Contributor 2021

Thanks Larry. I'll check out the plugin you mention.

Paul