Best practice forum (Archived)

Can we un-assign team members from system roles in bulk?

Sabrina Jensen
Can we un-assign team members from system roles in bulk?
by Sabrina Jensen - Sunday, 21 March 2021, 9:04 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping you might be able to help me out with this a rather curly one... We currently have users who seem to be currently assigned to more than 1 system role. This seems to have occurred as a result of a change to their employee type (which is based on the location/site the user is currently located at). Is there a way that I could bulk un-assign users from a system role that is no longer relevant to them?

In addition is there a way for me to update the settings of system roles in general so that the sysrole that is no longer relevant is unassigned automatically should the criteria change eg: the location/site the team member is working in changes.

Thanks

Saby

Craig Eves
Re: Can we un-assign team members from system roles in bulk?
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Monday, 22 March 2021, 1:57 PM
Group Totara

Hi Saby

It sounds like the roles are being assigned through an audience if changing the employee type has resulted in the role being assigned.

Are you able to find an audience that has a rule in it that selects these users and select the Assign Roles tab?

Next select the role you want to unassign and select all of the  existing users and click 'Remove' from the role.

It doesn't look like there is an automatic way of assigning the role through the audience rule as there is a button that needs to be pressed to action this.

Regards

Craig