Totara Talent Experience Platform Open Discussions

Managers and Program Notifications

Laurent Virgos
Managers and Program Notifications
by Laurent Virgos - Thursday, 8 April 2021, 9:37 PM

Hello

We are trying to include our manager hierarchy in Totara.

For that we are using various jobassignements by users. For instance in the jobassignement (id1) we have the n-1 learner manager and in the jobassignement (id2) we have the n-2 learner manager...etc...

It works perfectly it permits a top manager to see his whole team and not only the N1.

The problem become with the program notifications because every manager from a same hierarchy line receive manager's program notifications.

Is there a way to control that ? or another way to proceed?

Ou goal is:

- a top manager may view his hole teams (very levels)

- only N-1 manager receive notification (not the hole hierarchy)

I don't kno if it's clear

Thank you

Vladimir Puaca
Re: Managers and Program Notifications
by Vladimir Puaca - Friday, 9 April 2021, 3:25 AM
Group Most Helpful Contributor 2021
Hi Laurent, 

I think I get what you did and don’t have a suggestion for you within the framework you constructed. 

However, wanted to ask why do you need the top manager to see all those indirect reports ( I suppose in My team section)? 

When it comes to data about indirect reports most of the reports in Totara have the option to include indirect reports in content restrictions and these can be included on their dashboard for visibility. 

What I am interested is really if those n-2 managers trully manage indirect reports or are included in their performance management? Because if it’s just for visibility, you can use reports functionality.

Hope this helps.

Best, 

Vlad

Laurent Virgos
Re: Managers and Program Notifications
by Laurent Virgos - Friday, 9 April 2021, 5:46 AM

Thank you for this reply.

We are still using Totara v12.

Playing with reports functionality works fine as you say but i'm still finding in the proposed reports a table similar to the teammembers one. I will make it I think.

The thing is that we developed a specific dashboard for manager which is by default showing only n-1 teams members.

Now some managers want to see their whole team using this specific dashboard.  So I tried to add the whole hierarchy using jobassigments. It works fine but notifications are working fine too. Every notification is sent to any manager from one hierarchy. I was my question but I think it's not posible to choose notifications targets, no?

I think that the solution is to revert to the default configuration using standard report functionnalities et let down our dashboard developped specifically.