Totara Learn Open Discussions

Remove Not Tracked items from dashboard

Paul Lowndes
Remove Not Tracked items from dashboard
על ידי Paul Lowndes בתאריך 12/05/2021, 03:40
קבוצה Most Helpful Contributor 2021

Hello,

We have a number of pages that we use for resources. Under course settings they are set as "not tracked". When opened by a learner they appear in the Current Learning Dashboard as "Not Tracked".

However, unlike courses that are removed from the dashboard when completed these resource pages are never removed as there is no completion requirement.

This results in the Current Learning Dashboard becoming cluttered over time (see screen shot).

Does anyone know how we can remove them or prevent "Not Tracked" pages from appearing in the Current Learning Dashboard?

Thanks

Paul

Craig Eves
Re: Remove Not Tracked items from dashboard
על ידי Craig Eves (Totara Support) בתאריך 13/05/2021, 15:57
קבוצה Totara

Hi Paul

There aren't any configuration options in the Current Learning block to filter content so you won't be able to do this using this block.

The Not tracked status comes from the Course setting - 'Enable Completion tracking' - there doesn't seem to be a way of filtering by completion tracking turned off.

To take this course out of current learning the user needs to be unenrolled from the course 

Regards

Paul Lowndes
על ידי Paul Lowndes בתאריך 14/05/2021, 02:32

Hi Craig

Thanks for checking this out. 

Can you suggest another way of creating a resource  page on the system that does not create an entry in the Current Learning block?

I suppose we could just create a link to a google doc. Is the best option do you think?

Thanks

Paul

Meredith Henson
על ידי Meredith Henson בתאריך 14/05/2021, 03:59
קבוצה Totara

Hi Paul,

You have a couple of options here.

1. Yeah, you could add a link to a Google page, but you've just lost your learner!  They are now no longer on your Totara site and when more than one user is viewing a doc, their google IDs display at the top of the page, potentially creating data privacy issues.

2. Consider using Totara Engage.  You can create Resources and share them across the site, a tenant or a workspace.  As an added bonus you can have folks Like or Comment on these Resources. You can see how this works right here on the Community.

3. If you need to stick with Totara Learn for now, my suggested approach would be: go to your Totara Front page and add the Main Menu block, you can add any number of Activities and Resources here - including Page resources.  Once you've created the pages/resources, grab the URL of the page(s) and remove (not hide) the block.  You can then create nice links to those resources through the HTML, Featured Links or Main/Top Menu navigation.

Hope this helps!
Meredith

Paul Lowndes
על ידי Paul Lowndes בתאריך 14/05/2021, 07:57

Thanks for taking the time to reply, Meredith.

We're on T12 currently so will explore some of these options. 

Thanks

Paul

Andrew Robinson
על ידי Andrew Robinson בתאריך 15/11/2022, 19:16

Hi everyone, thanks for the discussion and tips so far.

I also want what Paul wants, or wanted (it's a while ago haha)

Can someone please explain how the Forums page works in the community site? https://totara.community/course/view.php?id=208

I can go to this page to access the forums without either the page or forums appearing in the 'Current learning' block in My Dashboard.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

David
על ידי David Shaw בתאריך 17/05/2021, 07:46

Hi Paul,

You can remove all the enrolment options other than 'guest' and it will give your learners access to the page but not enrol them, so it doesn't create a completion record for them, and therefore won't show up in their record of learning, current learning etc.

David

Paul Lowndes
על ידי Paul Lowndes בתאריך 17/05/2021, 08:44

Hi David 

Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a try.

Paul

Paul Tottle
על ידי Paul Tottle בתאריך 9/11/2022, 15:01

I have another "Not tracked" problem, with version 11.

We have lots of courses showing up as "Not Tracked" in various reports and records of learning. When I check the course settings they are set to "Enable Completion Tracking" = Yes.

So what does "Not Tracked" mean in our context?

My guess is that it means... the course is loaded on their learning plan, but they haven't enrolled yet.

(I've just run a report showing courses and learning plans and "not tracked" only shows up alongside learning plans.)