Totara Learn Open Discussions

Multi-tenancy database question

BrownMalinda
Multi-tenancy database question
BrownMalinda 发表于 2021年05月18日 Tuesday 10:49

I was wondering if someone could help me understand how the database structure works in Totara 13 with multi tenancy. 

From the database side, how does Totara handle a learner in more than on LMS tenant? We noticed that the database only has an integer in the database with the user and it is not connected to the user actions. This makes it problematic in reporting when we need to have discrete reports per tenant. Is there another way Totara handles multi tenancy from the database side that we are missing?

Craig Eves
Re: Multi-tenancy database question
Eves (Totara Support)Craig 发表于 2021年05月18日 Tuesday 20:53
小组 Totara

Hi Malinda

A user is only able to be a member of one tenant and they can be a participant of many tenants.

A user can also be a member of no tenants (site user)

There is a setting in users reports under content Show records by audience. If you can select the tenant audience then this will only show members and participants from the tenant.

I am not sure by what you mean about the database structure - there is only one user record no matter what tenant they are in.

Regards

Craig Eves
Re: Multi-tenancy database question
Eves (Totara Support)Craig 发表于 2021年05月20日 Thursday 13:53
小组 Totara

Hi Malinda

You may be interested in joining the Multi-tenancy workspace and continuing discussions on multitenancy.

regards