Totara Learn Open Discussions

Uploading custom profile for users not working

Malinda Brown
Uploading custom profile for users not working
par Malinda Brown, Friday 28 May 2021, 08:05

Hello, 

I was wondering of someone can help me out. 

I have set a custom profile field for users within my LMS and I would like to upload a CSV file to update that custom profile. When I upload the file it says that custom field is not there. I have check the field name in both by CSV and my LMS and they are the same including all lowercase with no extra characters. 

We use a HR feed that comes through in the evening. This is a field that is not in the feed but it is in the profile so we would can use it for audience purposes. We have it locked so people cannot edit it on their profile because they sometimes choose the wrong item on the dropdown menu and they end up in the incorrect audience causing much confusion.

I have done this in Moodle many time so I understand how this is set up and how it works, but I cannot get it to work in Totara 12. Is there something in Totara 12 that is not allowing this to work? Is there a way to get this to work?

Thank you for your time.

Malinda Brown

LMS Administrator

Craig Eves
Re: Uploading custom profile for users not working
par Craig Eves (Totara Support), Sunday 30 May 2021, 14:11
Groupe Totara

Hi Malinda

If you are updating the custom user field using Upload Users then this will be the same process as what you are used to. The column in the csv file will be profile_field_xxxxx where xxxx is the unique shortname of the custom field.

If you are using Totara's  HR Import then the column name needs to be customfield_xxxxx Also note If the custom field type is date format then the data in the field needs to match the format defined under Location > Location settings > CSV import date format.

The value in the rows below it need to match one of the menu values from the field.

Regards