Totara Learn Open Discussions

Dynamic Audience and Certification

Sue Blake
Dynamic Audience and Certification
by Sue Blake - Friday, 4 June 2021, 12:53 AM
Group Good learner 2023Group Most Helpful Contributor 2022Group Most helpful contributor 2023Group TXP Site Administrator

Hi,

We are converting our Recruitment and Selection to mandatory certification with a 3-year refresher requirement.

We want to recognise those staff members who have already completed either the e-learning or the Workshop within the last 3 years.  

I've created an audience to capture these and have assigned that audience to the Certification.  The issue I have is where we have staff who have completed both the e-learning and workshop (both are recognised as options in the Original Certification path: the learner must complete: one course).

The recertification path requires them to complete just the e-learning again in 3 years.  The issue I have is the date that is being used for recertification when a staff member has completed both the Workshop and E-learning.  Example:

Workshop Completed:  28/01/21

E-learning Completed:  21/08/20

I would expect this learner to have a recertification date based on the latest completion (the workshop) but when I check the recertification date is 21/08/23 which is based on the e-learning completion date.

Not sure if I am setting up the rules wrong in the audience set up or if it is something I need to do in the Certification.

Can anyone give me any guidance?  I've attached two screenshots showing the audience rules and the Certification original path.

Thanks

Sue

David Thorp
Re: Dynamic Audience and Certification
by David Thorp - Monday, 7 June 2021, 11:57 PM
Group Learn Site Administrator

What comes to mind here is the recertification date type as below, If i read it right i would guess that you have used option 1 and its picking up the earlier date. If not then hopefully the Totara support team can be more help;

https://help.totaralearning.com/display/TL12/Certifications#Certifications-Recertificationdetails

Regards,

David

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Tuesday, 8 June 2021, 4:47 PM
Group Totara

Hi Sue

The Certification completion date is when the completion conditions are first met .  The E-learning was Completed:  21/08/20 and only one of the courses is required to be completed so the Certification is completed.

To get it to be the latest date of the two courses you would need to use the Learner must complete two courses. If this isn't what is required then changing the Recertification details such as basing recertification on the expiry date.

Regards

Sue Blake
by Sue Blake - Wednesday, 9 June 2021, 12:16 AM
Group Good learner 2023Group Most Helpful Contributor 2022Group Most helpful contributor 2023Group TXP Site Administrator

Thank David and Craig.  

That makes perfect sense.  I will do some playing around with the recertification set up in our sandbox before going live.

Thank you both for your help.

Sue