Totara Engage Open Discussions

Digest of engage posts

John Mizzi
Digest of engage posts
by John Mizzi - Sunday, 19 September 2021, 9:15 PM

Hello.

I have seen that users can receive individual notifications of workplace posts as they occur https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mKq16sBaUc

However, a stakeholder has asked if it is possible to collate individual posts into a weekly digest of all posts that have happened over the prior week (similar to the Totara Learn - Digest emails).

This would be helpful to summarise Engage posts, and reach learners that prefer to receive communication through email, as a weekly burst (rather than one-at-at-time notifications).

Thanks.

Rob Lenihan
Re: Digest of engage posts
by Rob Lenihan - Wednesday, 22 September 2021, 5:24 PM

Hi John

Digest emails are not currently available for Engage workspace notifications. However, this is a feature that we are considering as part of future development of the product.

I'd be interested in user stories from other customers as to the value of digest emails. Please post your feedback in this forum.

thanks

Rob Lenihan

Product Manager

Totara Learning

John Mizzi
by John Mizzi - Sunday, 26 September 2021, 4:13 PM

Hi Rob - thanks for getting back to us.

I'm glad to hear that you are considering for future development digest emails for workplace notifications.

I have asked my colleague who suggested the idea for her direct story.

Colleen Rowley-Smith
by Colleen Rowley-Smith - Tuesday, 15 February 2022, 3:41 AM

Hello

A digest would be really helpful for our learners.  We have the platform set up for external users and the content of the workspace notifications can be quite distressing at times (users are supporting a loved one with an eating disorder), so notifications each time someone comments or posts is not ideal.  Turning off notifications altogether has a negative impact on our engagement, so we're really looking for a weekly or biweekly digest that users can opt in to. 

Thanks

Colleen

John Mizzi
by John Mizzi - Wednesday, 16 February 2022, 12:48 PM

Thanks Colleen, that sounds like a similar experience to what we would value.  Thank you for sharing 

Sarah Evans
by Sarah Evans - Sunday, 1 October 2023, 12:59 PM

Hi Rob,

Was this ever implemented? WE are looking for a feature like this for our new workspace we are creating.

Kind Regards,

Sarah

James Gilfoyle
by James Gilfoyle - Wednesday, 20 December 2023, 1:37 PM

This would be a very welcome feature. An overall platform newsletter type tool would be useful rather than just the individual products. An ability to combine all of the great stuff from learn, engage and perform that is relevant to the person (latest, featured, recommended, most viewed by people like you etc) along with any key messages.