Totara Learn Open Discussions

Catalogue grid sort

James Gilfoyle
Catalogue grid sort
by James Gilfoyle - Friday, 17 November 2023, 5:31 AM

I have the setting "Sort my courses | navsortmycoursessort" set to Sort Order.

Yet… I seem entirely unable to affect the order of the courses in the catalogue grid which means my courses are displaying in entirely illogical ways. Alphabetical or by latest means we have related courses (entirely random examples eg 1. Introduction to Comms, 2. Enhancing Comms, 3. Developing comms) which show in a random order rather than the order in the backend. This order isn't reflected anywhere on the front end. Featured setting doesn't help neither.

I'm curious if I am missing something or if theres a change I need to make somewhere?

Natalia Kurikova
Re: Catalogue grid sort
by Natalia Kurikova - Sunday, 19 November 2023, 1:42 PM
Group Most helpful contributor 2023

The navsortmycoursessort setting refers to My courses (if you add a Navigation block, you'll see My Courses in it); I don't think it'll affect the Catalogue.

I'm not sure there's a specific setting for catalogue sorting. Do you have multiple languages enabled? I think it's been described that with multiple languages alphabetic sorting is not available without changes in config.php in this topic.

James Gilfoyle
Re: Catalogue grid sort
by James Gilfoyle - Wednesday, 20 December 2023, 1:33 PM

Thanks Natalia, no just one language. There appears to be no way of influencing (outside of featured / alphabetical / latest) the order. We had hoped that when displayed by featured it would display courses in the order of the backend. Would be super useful for us to be able to group courses next to each other for easy navigation rather than having to click through tags, use programs and categories within categories etc.