Totara Perform Open Discussions

Performance Activity - Reporting on Subject User's Organisation

Duncan Eeles
Performance Activity - Reporting on Subject User's Organisation
by Duncan Eeles - Tuesday, 14 December 2021, 1:38 PM
Group Good learner 2023Group Partners

Hello

We've a client looking to upgrade to v13+ and Perform - they're currently using v12 legacy appraisals. 

One of their issues is needing to regularly report summary numbers of the non/completion of appraisals by the subject user's Organisation. This is complicated by the use of multiple job assignments, with the appraisal only required for the 'primary role'. A work around we've considered in Perform is to enable 'Job assignment-based instances' and to assign based on Job Assignment Start Date (or anniversary of), with this field only being utilised in the user's 'primary role' Job Assignment. After some testing I believe this would result in the Appraisal only being created for the relevant participants, eg, subject user and manager of 'primary role' job assignment. 

However, I'm still at a loss on how to filter/report on the subject user's relevant Organisation (rather than the depreciated Job Assignment fields listing all JA data). 

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Many thanks

Duncan

Craig Eves
Re: Performance Activity - Reporting on Subject User's Organisation
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Sunday, 19 December 2021, 6:30 PM
Group Totara

Hi Duncan

There is some more report functions being introduced in the latest versions of Perform.

Totara 15 filter does include organisation field .

If you select to aggregate by the Organisation name there is a message

User's Organisation Name(s)" is not compatible with the aggregation option of "Subject user". This may cause unexpected results or a broken report. Please check the accuracy of the aggregation results.

I think this should be alright if you are only creating the performance activity for job assignment that is the user's primary one but you would need to test this out. In my testing there did seem to be a problem if a user had more than one organisation assigned to them then this was counted as a separate value 

regards

Duncan Eeles
by Duncan Eeles - Tuesday, 21 December 2021, 6:21 AM
Group Good learner 2023Group Partners

Thanks Craig. I'll do some more testing in the New Year. 

Have a fab Christmas!

D

Paul Roberts
by Paul Roberts - Thursday, 12 May 2022, 2:09 AM

Duncan, sorry to hijack your thread :)

Hi Craig

I have a similar issue to Duncan, but without the multiple Job Assignments. My issue now though is that three of the fields, that I require to create a meaningful report for my Management team, are marked as 'depreciated' and therefore headed for the trash heap.

I have been told by our supplier that this is because Perform won't be pulling information from the Job Assignment aspects of an account in future, so any perform reports won't be able to use Job Assignment info. Can you think of a workaround that will ensure I can pull in a user's Manager Fullname (not ID), I've found a workaround for the others.

Thanks, best regards

Paul

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Thursday, 12 May 2022, 4:03 PM
Group Totara

Hi Paul

The Performance Participant Instance report has a column Relationship name so you can filter by relationship of manager and this will list the manager of of Subject of the Appraisal

Regards

Paul Roberts
by Paul Roberts - Friday, 13 May 2022, 4:43 AM

Hi Craig

Is this in v16 per chance? We are currently on v15.4.1 and I can't see the column option you are referring to. I believe we are getting v16 in July.

Thanks, best regards

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Sunday, 15 May 2022, 3:15 PM
Group Totara

Hi Paul

I checked the Performance Participant Instance report in 14 and 15 and thes column s are available there - can you check this again?

Regards

Paul Roberts
by Paul Roberts - Monday, 16 May 2022, 2:23 AM

Ahh

Sorry Craig, I'm looking at a different report 'Participation Reporting', which seems like the only one I can export. Thanks for looking at this, but I think I'm just going to have to wait until we get v16.

Best regards

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Monday, 16 May 2022, 3:24 PM
Group Totara

Hi Paul

This report should have the option to export too. There is a General settings option in Site admin > Reports where you specify the export formats available for all reports. 

In theory if export is available in one report it should be available in all reports unless someone has customised the report code.

Regards

Paul Roberts
by Paul Roberts - Tuesday, 17 May 2022, 2:24 AM

Hi Craig

Yes that does seem logical, but it looks like I can export any report from 'Learn', but only one report from 'Perform' is exportable. We can do a 'Teams' or 'Zoom' session if you like, so I can show you. I'd be interested to see if there are aspects we should have that are missing.

Thanks, best regards

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Tuesday, 17 May 2022, 2:27 PM
Group Totara

Hi Paul

I was incorrect in my assumption about the general setting applying to all reports. 

I found a setting in the report Performance tab  'Override export formats' where export formats can be changed from the default introduced in Totara 12.11 

Regards