Best practice forum (Archived)

Locked Images

De Go
Locked Images
by De Go - Thursday, 17 February 2022, 4:45 PM

I cannot figure out why the course images will not change... I have tried everything I can think of, and the only thing that works is deleting the image altogether, and staying with the default.

If I upload a new image to replace the default image, the old image still appears no matter what I've uploaded. I've changed graphics before in other courses, so it is really frustrating to not be able to do it now.

Craig Eves
Re: Locked Images
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Thursday, 17 February 2022, 5:38 PM
Group Totara

Hi DeAnna

The Ventura theme includes an setting under the Images tab for the course default image .

There is also an image in the Course settings > Description  that overrides the course default image in the catlogue.

Regards.

De Go
by De Go - Friday, 18 February 2022, 6:30 AM

Hi Craig - thank you for your quick reply... I found the Images tab you mentioned; however, that looks to be a global setting for all courses, and in my case, I just need to change the graphic for one course.

I was working in the Appearance section within the Courses settings > Description, as that's where I tried to change the graphic initially. The issue is that somehow the tile is pulling the header graphic from the actual course, and it can't be replaced.

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Sunday, 20 February 2022, 12:39 PM
Group Totara

Hi Deanna

I was able to reproduce this in Totara 14.8 when I deleted the image from the Description > Course summary file the image still remained as the catalogue image and deleted all caches and the image remained. 

In version 13 and 15 the image for the catalogue comes from the course setting Appearance > Image. and is able to be deleted.

I will create a ticket to fix this - can you confirm what version of Totara you are using?

Regards

De Go
by De Go - Monday, 21 February 2022, 5:38 AM

Thank you, Craig - I'm using Version 13.

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Monday, 21 February 2022, 1:36 PM
Group Totara

Hi DeAnna

For Totara 13 to get the image in the course catalogue that is different to the default image go into the course settings Appearance > Image .

Deleting the image from this location should also revert back to the default image.

Regards

De Go
by De Go - Monday, 21 February 2022, 5:05 PM

Hi Craig - yes, that is what I've done and it always reverts back to the image I want to remove (not the default image, but an image that is the same as the header image in the course). 

I removed the original image and tried to post a new image, but the old image remains even though it shows that a different image has been added... please see attached example in first post.

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Monday, 21 February 2022, 5:54 PM
Group Totara

Hi DeAnna

What is the exact version of 13 have you got - I tried in the latest version so this may have been fixed.

If upgrading to the latest version doesn't help then are you able to Purge all cache s in Totara - if this doesn't help are you able to submit a support ticket.

regards

De Go
by De Go - Tuesday, 22 February 2022, 5:51 AM

Hi Craig - Clearing the cache worked!!! Thank you :)

We have Version 13.0 (Build: 20201001.00) - To your point, it looks as though we do not have the most upgraded version 13.

How do we upgrade within our current version, and is there any cost involved?

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Tuesday, 22 February 2022, 12:47 PM
Group Totara

Hi DeAnna

That's good to hear this fixed the display.

You will need to discuss with your partner the process and any costs involved with upgrading. 

Providing there aren't any customisations this is pretty straight forward . 

It is recommended upgrading is done regularly as they include security fixes and bug fixes - the current version is 13.16

Regards

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Sunday, 20 March 2022, 3:11 PM
Group Totara

Hi Deanna

We haven't been able to reproduce the issue in 14 - using the image in Appearance works Ok - this may have been cached related.

regards