Totara Talent Experience Platform Open Discussions

Custom text in feedback activity

Andrei Bohoru
Custom text in feedback activity
by Andrei Bohoru - Tuesday, 22 February 2022, 6:14 AM
Group PartnersGroup TXP Site Administrator

Hi,

I need to replace the standard text in the red square with a different one for the feedback activity pictured below. Is it possible to do it form the platform, without modifying the source code? Is it possible through the language pack customization? If so, what's the string to be modified?

Totara v11

Thx,

Andrei

Meredith Henson
Re: Custom text in feedback activity
by Meredith Henson - Tuesday, 22 February 2022, 7:03 AM
Group Totara

Hi Andrei,

Yep!  You can edit that language string through the admin interface - no need to mess about in the source code.  The string is 'mod_feedback, complete_the_form'

If you need a refresher on the process, the Academy course on Localisation has a video on this under 'Customising default language'

A pro tip for you on tracking down lang strings; after logging in as an admin and going to Admin>Localisation> Language customisation (and opening the required language), you can select all the components using Shift + select, then add the word or sentence to the 'only strings containing field' before selecting 'Show strings'.  Saves you having to guess which mod the strings sits under.

I've used your very question to illustrate with a screenshot :)

finding lang strings in Totara

Cheers,

Meredith

Andrei Bohoru
by Andrei Bohoru - Tuesday, 22 February 2022, 7:43 AM

Thank you Meredith, it was very helpful.

I know there's very little chances, but is there any way of changing the font size or colour?

Meredith Henson
by Meredith Henson - Tuesday, 22 February 2022, 8:20 AM
Group Totara

Hi Andrei,

I'm afraid size and colour of this text is theme/css/html driven rather than anything you can edit via the admin UI in v11.

Kind regards,

Meredith

Andrei Bohoru
by Andrei Bohoru - Tuesday, 22 February 2022, 8:49 AM

I'll take a look into theme's CSS, it's a personalised one so it's accessible to my level.

Thanks again