Totara Learn Open Discussions

Recertification Date Options

Nathan Harris
Recertification Date Options
بواسطة Tuesday, 22 February 2022, 4:35 PM - Nathan Harris

Hoping to get some advice for a certification I need to create.

I've only set up certifications with the recertification date based on the completion or expiry date before and now I'm needing to set up a yearly Certification where all the Learners expire at the same time and the Learners have the whole year to complete the course i.e. the learners can complete the course anytime during the year however the expiry date is set for 31st December so the Learner has all year to complete before expiry but then come 1st Jan it is due again and they have all the following year to complete before expiry.

Has anyone set up Certifications this way and can offer some advice?

Cheers

Nathan

Craig Eves
Re: Recertification Date Options
بواسطة Thursday, 3 March 2022, 6:41 PM - Craig Eves (Totara Support)
مجموعة Totara

Hi Nathan

I think what you are wanting is the setting Use fixed expiry date for the recertifaction 

This option causes the expiry time to be calculated based on the specified assignment due date (if available, otherwise the first completion date), and subsequent completion expiry dates will be calculated using that same base date, regardless of whether they are late or early. The active period is repeatedly added to the base date until the first future date is discovered. Over the span of several recertifications, this option will prevent the expiry date from drifting forwards or backwards.

Have a read of the example in the link and see if this is what you 

Regards