Suggest Totara Perform features

Support aspirational position in competencies

Brendan Kilshaw
Support aspirational position in competencies
by Brendan Kilshaw - Thursday, 24 March 2022, 5:26 AM

We love the Competencies in Totara and the way they make it so easy for staff to see their assigned competencies related to their position on their competency profile. However, we do get a lot of requests for the ability for staff to assign themselves an aspirational position in the system, and be assigned the associated competencies and proficiency levels, so that they can work towards the competencies for that aspirational position. It would be great if this was possible, and if the competency profile could show their progress in the same way as their current position, for instance with a different coloured line plotted on the graph.

Brendan Kilshaw
Re: Support aspirational position in competencies
by Brendan Kilshaw - Wednesday, 12 April 2023, 3:10 AM

Just following this up to see if this functionality is in the pipeline at all? We have noticed the ability to assign an 'aspirational position' in user profiles but it doesn't seem to be linked to any other functionality.

Phil Williscroft
Re: Support aspirational position in competencies
by Phil Williscroft - Wednesday, 12 April 2023, 1:19 PM

Hi Brendan.

To introduce myself.  I'm the product manager for perform.

We understand some of the value to an employee of being able to understand the requirements (competencies in particular) of an 'aspirational position'.

We don't have any direct plans to extend the competency profile to express this.

However if this idea gets support I will respond to that priority.

If others in the community see this as a priority please give this a +1