Totara Learn Open Discussions

Scorm package not working - 1 User Only

Raechel Wilson
Scorm package not working - 1 User Only
by Raechel Wilson - Friday, 25 March 2022, 5:09 PM

Hi everyone

We have a SCORM package on a course that is not working for 1 user only 

When this user clicks on the module button the course page is blank. For everybody else it loads the SCORM.

She has completed the course before and it is a part of a certification.

The certification is Either A course or B course (she has completed 50% of the B course but should be doing the A course).

Does anyone have any idea why it might not be working for just 1 person?

Or how to resolve this so she can do the course?

Thanks

Craig Eves
Re: Scorm package not working - 1 User Only
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Tuesday, 29 March 2022, 6:46 PM
Group Totara

Hi Rachel

Does the SCORM work if the user changes device or location. - to rule out a problem  with the user's browser or being blocked by a security setting.

If this still doesn't work there may be something wrong with the SCORM attempt so deleting the attempt may help

1. Go to the SCORM activity and select the link View reports for x users.
  2. Select the attempt or attempts you want to clear using the checkbox.
  3. Select Delete in the dropdown box at the bottom of the page.
regards

Winnie M
by Winnie M - Wednesday, 6 April 2022, 6:43 PM

Hi Rachael,

I've had this happened in the past before with Articulate Rise and Storyline. I'm not sure if this is the authoring tool you have but if the SCORM package was updated with a new published copy, depending on where in the package the learner was at the time, the package's resume function can get locked up and display a blank page. This happens when the new published package's 'suspend data' is different and the learner happened to have been in the module before and it doesn't know how to resume.

Our workaround in the past was to reset the module for that learner and for them to start again.

Cheers.

Sue Blake
by Sue Blake - Monday, 31 July 2023, 8:29 AM
Group Good learner 2023Group Most Helpful Contributor 2022Group Most helpful contributor 2023Group TXP Site AdministratorGroup V18 Program Complete

Hello Winnie, I am encountering the same issue. Were you able to find any other solution besides resetting the module for the user?

I took a copy of the original Rise course, we made some updates to the copy and republished it. I replaced the SCORM zip file in Totara (v12) and some users get a blank page when they try to launch it.

Obviously, some users will contact us and we can reset BUT what about those users who simply give up and don't bother? I've raised tickets with both Omniplex (our Articulate partner in the UK) and the Totara helpdesk and neither seems to be able to offer a workaround, let alone a solution.

Sue

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Monday, 31 July 2023, 4:41 PM
Group Totara

Hi Sue

There was a similar ticket that was reported that was confirmed as being resolved by the last suggestion changing the scormdriver.js file

It looks like there has been some known issues with the SCORM driver in Articulate Rise resulting in a blank screen when updating the package https://community.articulate.com/discussions/rise-360/rise-blank-screen-issue?page=2

the suggested solutions are

Let us know how this works.

regards