Totara Perform Open Discussions

T14 PERFORM activities displaying error on submission when certain notifications are enabled

Andrew Metcalfe
T14 PERFORM activities displaying error on submission when certain notifications are enabled
by Andrew Metcalfe - Tuesday, 12 April 2022, 7:00 PM
Group Most Helpful Contributor 2022

Hello community,

We're using T14 Perform and are experiencing ugly red error boxes on activity submission with 'close after completion' set (any activity) and when certain notifications are set, however the activities are saved and completed. This is delaying our deployment of performance management activities. I'm told the log info on this area isn't helping to identify root cause .

Has anyone experienced this and if so, what was the issue?? 

Thank you
-Andrew Metcalfe

Tags:
Phil Williscroft
Re: T14 PERFORM activities displaying error on submission when certain notifications are enabled
by Phil Williscroft - Wednesday, 13 April 2022, 2:08 PM

Hi Andrew.  To introduce myself, I'm the Talent Experience (Perform) Product Manager at Totara.  Ugly red error boxes isn't a feature we support in any version.  We need to get to the bottom of this. 
This is not something we are experiencing from other subscribers (that I'm aware of).  Can you give me some detail please.

Can you please add screenshots of the errors.

You should also contact your Totara partner (Androgogic) regarding this as they can examine the issue and raise a support ticket with us.

Nevin Butcher
Re: T14 PERFORM activities displaying error on submission when certain notifications are enabled
by Nevin Butcher - Tuesday, 19 April 2022, 4:24 PM

Hi All 

For what it's worth, we are experiencing the same thing and have had a job logged with our vendor for about a month now, I've been advised that it's been sent to Totara Core. I've attached a screenshot, excuse the quality it was taken from the video that I originally sent documenting the issue which was too large to post here. 

Occurs on manager submitting final response, indicating responses haven't been saved - however they have. 

Cheers

Nevin

Andrew Metcalfe
by Andrew Metcalfe - Tuesday, 19 April 2022, 5:26 PM

Thanks for the validation Nevin, our results are similar. I narrowed this down to the activation of certain notifications - with the notifications off, the error doesn't appear. 

Cheers, Andrew

Phil Williscroft
by Phil Williscroft - Tuesday, 19 April 2022, 8:44 PM

Hi all.

We're talking with the partner to try and understand where this issue is coming from.  We're unable to reproduce it here, however we suspect it's an issue with the theme you are using.  I'll be in touch when I have a more complete answer.

Thanks.

Andrew Metcalfe
by Andrew Metcalfe - Tuesday, 19 April 2022, 9:21 PM

Hi Phil, a resolution to this is in test and appears to be resolved - Androgogic can provide further info
Thanks and regards, Andrew

Nevin Butcher
by Nevin Butcher - Tuesday, 19 April 2022, 9:55 PM

Yup, confirmed - appears to be a conflict with an O365 plug-in. 

Cheers

Nevin

Andrew Metcalfe
by Andrew Metcalfe - Tuesday, 19 April 2022, 5:22 PM

Hi Phil, thanks for the response; screencap attached.

If the criteria for this error could be provided to our provider, that would be awesome.

regards, Andrew