Totara Perform Open Discussions

Notification that participant instance has been submitted.

Nevin Butcher
Notification that participant instance has been submitted.
by Nevin Butcher - Wednesday, 11 May 2022, 6:25 PM

Hi There

Just wanted to run this past the group to see if I've missed anything in the way I've set up our check-ins and appraisals. 

We are looking for managers (or the appraiser) to get an email notification when the participant has completed their appraisal. 

Currently the only notifications that we have get triggered to both the subject and manager once the manager has finalised the appraisal. 

We've been receiving feedback that managers don't always know that the ball is now in their court to finalise an appraisal. 

And yes, I know people should talk to one another - but an automated notification to kickstart the conversation would be ideal. 

Cheers

Nevin

Craig Eves
Re: Notification that participant instance has been submitted.
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Thursday, 12 May 2022, 8:12 PM
Group Totara

Hi Nevin

In Totara 16 there is a notification that is triggered on Completion of the subject instance that looks like this is what you want . I 

Regards

Phil Williscroft
by Phil Williscroft - Thursday, 12 May 2022, 8:48 PM

To be clear the notification Craig shows is available in all versions 

Phil Williscroft
by Phil Williscroft - Thursday, 12 May 2022, 8:47 PM

Hi Nevin,

Sorry no.  The closest is when the activity is complete.  We agree that participants in an activity need to be able to be advised that they need to take action.  As part of this we are planning working on workflow in performance activities.   https://totara.community/mod/forum/post.php?reply=101962

This will allow admins to design an activity so it can deliver the process required in an activity.  Part of that is participation workflow.  The subject must answer so that the manager can respond.  Another part of this will be being notified that an activity requires action from the next participant. 

Nevin Butcher
by Nevin Butcher - Thursday, 12 May 2022, 9:10 PM

Ahh, I see, thanks Phil - looking forward to seeing some progress on that, it's definitely something we'd like to see before we go to a wider release in our organisation (currently in pilot mode)

Cheers

Nevin