Totara Learn Open Discussions

Transfer Record of Learning from one account to another

Devon Cotterill
Transfer Record of Learning from one account to another
door Devon Cotterill - Tuesday, 31 May 2022, 00:02 AM

This may have already been asked but I couldnt find an answer - 

I am looking for an easy way to transfer one users completion data to another. 

I have a team member who used to work for our organisation under our Retail business arm but her account was suspended 3 months ago. She has now returned to the business under a different arm and so has been issued a different ID login, so is using a completely new account. 

Is there a way to export her completion data from her old account and import it to her new one so her current account shows all of her previous learning records? I know how to do this manually but she has over 100 modules completed currently so going through 1 by 1 will take a while. 

Thanks in advance for any help! 

Nathan Harris
Re: Transfer Record of Learning from one account to another
door Nathan Harris - Tuesday, 31 May 2022, 16:08 PM

Hi Devon,

There is an Upload Completion Records option where you can upload a csv file of the course completions.

I use this option all the time to add previous completions to a new account that has been created.

Regards

Nathan

Simon Seiffert
Re: Transfer Record of Learning from one account to another
door Simon Seiffert - Wednesday, 1 June 2022, 16:24 PM
Groep Most Helpful Contributor 2022Groep Most helpful contributor 2023Groep TXP Site Administrator

We have this scenario come up quite often - where contracted workers may convert to be permanent employees.

We have a process setup where the Username/User IDs are basically switched between the accounts. We had a look at the Merge User Moodle Plug-in, but was warned this may cause errors, particularly with Programs and Certifications.

Our process is slightly different to how this could work for you, as the converted workers usually keep their Username, but their User ID (Payroll ID) changes - but you should be able to change the new profile to a temporary username/ID, and then update the old profile. 

This process allows the HR Sync to do it's thing still, but has the full RoL against the profile you want.