Totara Learn Open Discussions

Incorrect number of Program enrolment in new repeated course

Allison Soo
Incorrect number of Program enrolment in new repeated course
by Allison Soo - Thursday, 15 September 2022, 2:59 PM

Hi All,

I am experiencing some abnormality in the recurring course created via Program Recurring course setup.

The recurring course was created on 1 Aug (1 day before the recurrence) as expected. However

1) all the previous program-enrolled learners (495 learners via Program enrolment method) were added to the repeat course in Manual enrolment method on 1 Aug. Is this a expected behaviour?

2) the course log showed that all learners were added via "totara_program" enrolment method on 2 Aug (refer screenshot attached) but the Program enrolment showed zero enrolled user instead of 495. Anyone knows why this is happening?

I have since disabled the manual enrolment method so that the program enrolment method will 'pick up' the returned learners. As showed in the attached screenshot, I start seeing increase number of enrolled learners in Program enrolment method as learner 're-enrolled' to the program with different enrolment timestamp. Why the member of the audience I added under Program assignment not being enrolled automatically in the repeat course?

Appreciate any suggestion to resolve this. Many thanks.

Best regards,

Allison

Craig Eves
Re: Incorrect number of Program enrolment in new repeated course
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Thursday, 22 September 2022, 7:59 PM
Group Totara

Hi Alison

Usually the program enrolment method is only activated for a user when they launch the course form the program interface because checks need to be made that any prerequisite courses have been completed.

In the case of recurring programs no checks need to be made as only one course can be a recurring course so this could explain why they are being enrolled in the course first.I would expect that they would eventually be enrolled in the program once they have made progress in the course.

Also note that recurring courses have been replaced by Certifications which provides more flexibility in adding more than one recurring course  

Regards

Ran G
Re: Incorrect number of Program enrolment in new repeated course
by Ran Gilboa - Sunday, 15 January 2023, 5:24 PM
Group Totara

Hi Allison,

I hope you found Craig's reply helpful in answering your question. 

We are keen to talk to customers who work with recurring courses, in order to better understand their user needs. If you (or anyone else here with similar experience) are willing to answer a few questions it would be a tremendous help for future enhancements of our products.

Cheers.