Totara Learn Open Discussions

Bulk Sign off OJT

shrutee chandel
Bulk Sign off OJT
by shrutee chandel - Monday, 12 December 2022, 3:26 PM

Hi,

I am new to the system and was wondering if we could add some security permissions to a manager role where they can bulk sign off their team members for an OJT instead of individually marking them off. 

Tags:
Lee Wilkes
Re: Bulk Sign off OJT
by Lee Wilkes - Thursday, 5 January 2023, 8:41 AM
Group Partners

Shrutee

Unfortunately can't help, but following as interested in the answers that may come back :-)

Phil Williscroft
by Phil Williscroft - Thursday, 5 January 2023, 9:49 AM

Hi Shrutee.

I'm a product owner at Totara. I'm interested in why the manager wants to sign off OJT assessments in bulk?  Surely the value of the OJT is individual assessment?  Can you explain to me how you are using OJT so I can understand your requirements.

shrutee chandel
by shrutee chandel - Monday, 9 January 2023, 4:56 PM

Hi Phil,

Thanks for responding. The reason why we are interested in this is as we have a lot of team members working in a store. Store managers go through these assessments face to face with around 10-20 team members in one time. So, once they have attended the assessment and gone through the checklist, the store managers would go back to their desks and sign them off. Sometimes they have around 50-60 team members that work in the store and report to them. As we don't have a lot of computers in stores hence why it is conducted face-to-face.

So, signing them off individually can be time consuming and painful. 

Can this be looked into please. 

Lee Wilkes
by Lee Wilkes - Thursday, 12 January 2023, 2:45 AM
Group Partners

Shrutee

We have exactly the same issue/requirement. Lots of people on the factory floor observed through face-to-face assessments, so the Trainer then has to return to the office and sign off large numbers of people all at the same time.

Phil Williscroft
by Phil Williscroft - Thursday, 12 January 2023, 12:31 PM

Lee and Shrutee.

Just testing some ideas.  If OJT was mobile friendly could managers document the assessment as they do it on the shop floor? 

Lee Wilkes
by Lee Wilkes - Friday, 13 January 2023, 9:10 AM
Group Partners

Phil.

I don't want to hijack Shrutee's thread, but certainly for our clients, having OJT work on a mobile, as long as the records were uploaded/kept within Totara, would be absolutely marvellous.

An example is today, where a crisp factory have observed over 30 people following an OJT on a factory floor. The trainer now needs to go back to his computer and manually sign off all 30. If he could do that on a mobile on the factory floor, it would save hours and hours.

Hope that helps you (and Shrutee)

Have a lovely weekend.

Lee

shrutee chandel
by shrutee chandel - Sunday, 15 January 2023, 1:42 PM

Hi Phil,

Only if there was an option to sign off many users in one go. The purpose is to sign them off in bulk instead of opening the OJT one by one for every individual user.

Hope this makes sense. 

Thanks,

Shrutee