Totara Learn Open Discussions

Program - Courses not available

Francesca Popita
Program - Courses not available
by Francesca Popita - Monday, 24 October 2022, 12:18 AM

Hi,

I am struggling a bit to understand what the issue is here. I have a program with various courses on each section. I have set them up with the rule ' then' to make sure the learners are completing the sections in order. I have now realized that some courses are inaccessible from the program even if the previous section has been completed. I have checked the visibility for the courses and they're all fine. So I don't really know how to proceed. 

Thanks,

Meredith Henson
Re: Program - Courses not available
by Meredith Henson - Monday, 24 October 2022, 12:56 AM
Group Totara

Hi Francesca,

Have you checked that your site has the Program enrolment method enabled and those courses also have it enabled?

Program enrolment method

Kind regards,

Meredith

Francesca Popita
by Francesca Popita - Monday, 24 October 2022, 1:26 AM

Hi Meredith,

Thanks for your response.

I have checked one of the courses which is grayed out in the program and does not have the 'Launch' button enabled. When I went to the Enrolment methods for this specific course, this is what I see:

Do I need to make some changes from here for each course that is not accessible from the program? If so, how can I do this?

Thank you in advance!

Meredith Henson
by Meredith Henson - Monday, 24 October 2022, 1:45 AM
Group Totara

Hi Francesca,

I can offer you some troubleshooting ideas to try and work out the setting that's holding you back, but you might find getting in touch with your Totara Partner a quicker way to diagnose the issue (as they'll have admin access).  Given there are 0 users enrolled in those courses via the programs, If I were you I'd:

1. Double check those visibility settings - is the course available to learners?

2. Double check the course settings - is it visible?  Is there a start date in the future? Are there pre-requisites for the course?

3. Double check the Program enrolment plugin is turned on at the admin level and configured correctly.

4. Check the program structure is correct and not limiting users via a rogue or/then rule.

5. Check your audience is set up correctly and that the required learners are in there and the audience has been linked to the program

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Meredith

Francesca Popita
by Francesca Popita - Monday, 24 October 2022, 1:42 AM

This is also a screenshot of the Program enrolment plugin: