Totara Learn Open Discussions

Forms and checklists

Anna Palacka
Forms and checklists
by Anna Palacka - Monday, 16 January 2023, 12:45 AM

Hi Totara crowd,

I need to create a form or a checklist and display it on the dashboard. I cannot find this option in the setup drop down menus.

Is it possible at all?

Currently, we are using Totara Learn 14.

Thank you for your help!

Anna

Craig Eves
Re: Forms and checklists
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Monday, 16 January 2023, 12:14 PM
Group Totara

Hi Anna

The dashboard allows the addition of blocks  one option is to add an html block and link this to a choice activity in a course. 

Only users enrolled in the course would be able to access this - you could enrol audiences in this course.

When a user click on the link in the html in the dashboard they would go to the choice activity.

Regards

Anna Palacka
by Anna Palacka - Tuesday, 14 February 2023, 12:50 AM

Thank you, Craig, for suggesting an option.

Nevertheless, I need not to link the form with a course. I need it to be, ideally, accessible from new hire manager´s dashboard. The form would use branching and pop down menus or multiple answers to choose from plus a submit functionality to provide key data for a learning manager to suggest a learning path for the new hire. 

Would that be possible? 

Thank you.

Anna

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Tuesday, 14 February 2023, 2:53 PM
Group Totara

Hi Anna

I think there are a number of ways this could be done it depends on what you what to do with the data

It is possible to add custom profile fields to users and make them required so they have to be answered - this data can later be used for defining audiences so learning can be enrolled in by audience or activities hidden by audience.

Performance activities could also be created for new starts with appropriate questions and selected participants

regards

Anna Palacka
by Anna Palacka - Tuesday, 14 February 2023, 11:19 PM

Thank you, Craig, I´ll explore these possibilities.

Regards