Totara Talent Experience Platform Open Discussions

Linking to / starting a tour manually (on-demand)

Ian Usher
Linking to / starting a tour manually (on-demand)
by Ian Usher - Tuesday, 28 March 2023, 6:55 AM

Hello!

We're starting to use User Tours (experimental feature) and these are working well. I'd like to deploy these as an always available resource, so that we can be more user-centric and allow users to view the tour(s) when it would be helpful, rather than only on first access to a page, or when we decide they need to be redeployed.

Is there any route to linking to a URL with a parameter (e.g. something like &viewtour=1 - and yes, I know that isn't real) or any other way of invoking a tour separate from how the tour is configured in Site Admin > User tours?

Thanks for reading,

Ian.

Andrew Metcalfe
Re: Linking to / starting a tour manually (on-demand)
by Andrew Metcalfe - Tuesday, 28 March 2023, 7:39 PM
Group Most Helpful Contributor 2022
Ian, once the user tour has been seen once, there's usually a link at the bottom of the page "Reset user tours on this page". Once clicked, this might require a page refresh to restart the tour.

Tour behaviour is controlled by a bunch of JS in 'Bundle.js'. From what I can see, it should be possible to call that code in your own labels, if your site has the active content setting enabled. Otherwise, maybe the reset tour link can be restyled to appear as you need it ?

-Andrew