Totara Perform Open Discussions

Is it possible to complete an appraisal form without submitting each section?

Sebastian Farias
Is it possible to complete an appraisal form without submitting each section?
by Sebastian Farias - Wednesday, 12 April 2023, 4:15 AM

Hi everyone,

We are setting up an appraisal form but also like to give people the option to submit an offline version of the form by submitting the final section only (bypassing the initial sections).

The problem with this is, by submitting the final section only, the overall appraisal form is not marked as completed.

We are wondering if it is possible to complete an appraisal without submitting every section on the form? If not, do you have any suggestions on how we might do this?

I would appreciate any support or guidance.

Kind regards,

Seb

LMS Systems Administrator

Phil Williscroft
Re: Is it possible to complete an appraisal form without submitting each section?
by Phil Williscroft - Tuesday, 18 April 2023, 1:29 PM

Hi Seb.

To introduce myself, I'm the product owner for Perform.

In short the answer is no.  The appraisal is incomplete so that's the status it will express.

Some ideas.

I assume you are using the term 'appraisal' specifically and you are using a version prior to 13?  If thats true then your choices are quite limited.

If you are using a TXP version of Totara (versions 13+), and you are using Perform, you do have an admin option to close incomplete performance activities at the due date.

I hope that helps.
Let me know if you have any questions or comments

Thanks

Phil

Paul Roberts
Re: Is it possible to complete an appraisal form without submitting each section?
by Paul Roberts - Tuesday, 12 March 2024, 10:33 AM

Hi Phil

Do you know whether a 'save as draft' entry in a response will become visible in the response data report, if you 'force' close the activity?

Thanks, best regards

Andrew Metcalfe
by Andrew Metcalfe - Monday, 18 March 2024, 5:53 PM
Group Most Helpful Contributor 2022

Phil - any admin activity to maintain basic functionality isn't remotely practical for large organisations. Also, the close on due date functionality is a bit broken if 'Choose participants' is one of the review options - rather than setting the due date after choosing participants, the due date clock starts when the activity is created. Some flexibility there eg start due date upon allocation, would be beneficial.

As for multiple sections AND multiple participants - an optional participation option and either/or participant option (such as manager/appraiser either/or) should exist for single and multi-part reviews, so that the subject instance report, which is the only useful PERFORM report, correctly reports completion of the primary activity. My opinions only. Org size >9000.