Totara Perform Open Discussions

Printing appraisals

Sarah Vestakis
Printing appraisals
by Sarah Vestakis - Monday, 12 February 2024, 3:18 AM
Group Partners

Hello,

there is a problem when users want to print their performance activity in Perform. The error occurred in Totara Version 17.14 but also in previous versions.

The user can print his appraisal, but the printing appraisal does not show the entire content. The last part is missing. However, in the preview the entire appraisal is visible.

It seems that this error depends on the user's operating system. With Ubuntu the entire appraisal is printed, whereas with Windows the last part is always missing and is simply cut off.

Any help on this would be welcomed.

Kind regards,
Sarah

Ashley Mundy
Re: Printing appraisals
by Ashley Mundy - Monday, 12 February 2024, 12:34 PM
Group Totara

Hi Sarah,

That doesn't sound good! Have you submitted a helpdesk ticket? In order to help us troubleshoot, do you know if it always happens for Windows users or is intermittent? Does the length of the Appraisal have any impact? Does it occur if they print to PDF versus physical copy? Do the two users have the same internet browser?

Cheers,

Ashley

Sarah Vestakis
by Sarah Vestakis - Monday, 19 February 2024, 3:17 AM
Group Partners

Hi Ashley,

thank you for your reply. No, I have not submitted a helpdesk ticket. I do not have credentials for that.
Yes, we tested with several users and it always happens for Windows users. I do not know if the length of the appraisal has an impact, so far no. It occurs both when printing the PDF and also with the physical copy. The useres use the same browsers.

Kind regards,

Sarah

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Sunday, 25 February 2024, 6:22 PM
Group Totara

Hi Sarah

If you could get you partner to create a helpdesk ticket this would be helpful to fix this.

The conversion to pdf is done through a third party tool by default wkhtmltopdf or possibly using wkhtml2pdf. I can see a ticket on the wkhtmltopdf site that sounds as though a problem with Windows has been identified but this was over 3 years ago and ticket is still open

Once the ticket comes in and confirms the OS version and pdf conversion program being used then our developers may be able to do something on the Totara side to prevent this problem. I can't see any existing tickets around this issue.

regards